Black seed oil is a perfect example of a medicinal whole food. It is the cold pressed oil of black cumin Nigella Sativa, Which grows extensively throughout Southern Europe, Western Asia and South Asia, North Africa and the Middle East. In most of these regions, there is widespread traditional use of black seed oil as a medicine or “all cure”.
In ancient Egypt, blackberries were an early first-line medicine against the disease as a whole. When archaeologists unearthed the tomb of King Tut, they found traces of black seed and black seed oil – apparently kept there to protect him on his way to the underworld. Prophet Muhammad said that “black seed can cure all diseases except death.” For thousands of years, Indian ayurvedic medicine has recommended black seed oil for the treatment of common ailments like high blood pressure, high blood sugar, eczema, asthma and inflammation.
I am not saying that these are completely accurate statements or beliefs, but they show the respect of this culture towards black seed oil and indicate its efficiency as a medicine. Fortunately, we do not have to rely on ancient texts as the only proof. The effectiveness of black seed oil in humans has led to hundreds of studies against widespread health conditions. Taken as a whole, it is an impressive body of literature.
This is the primary way: to pay attention to the traditional knowledge and to ensure its validity with modern science.
Here, we usually prefer whole foods of medicine — herbs, seeds, spices and such — isolated or synthetic pharmacological compounds for various reasons:
- Synergistic compounds present in whole food medicines are more likely to enhance the effect and be absent from the synthetic version.
- The synthetic compound will be prepared for a specific task, a one-strategy pony, while the whole food drug will be more likely to include other effects both above and below the line of efficacy.
- There are also whole food medicines Food-They contain vitamins and minerals and macronutrients that nourish us. They are not just drugs; They are much more. If nothing else, it is a more effective way to achieve medicinal effects.
Health Benefits of Black Seed Oil
Let’s explore the health effects of black seed oil. To begin with, let us dispel some of our misconceptions and prejudices about “seed oil”. Industrial seed oils, such as corn or canola oil, contain nutrients that prevent lipid loss, go through high-heat and chemical processing, and have no properties to make up for the high levels of omega-6 linoleic acid present in fats. In the initial meal plan, we eliminate these industrial seed oils.
Black seed oil is a different type of seed oil.
- It is crude, so it contains all the protective ingredients that help the brittle fatty acids to prevent oxidation and to prevent rancidity.
- This is a medical oil, not a Food, So we’re not using it to include in salad dressings, fried potatoes or processed junk food. We are not eating enough to think about it as a major source of omega-6 fatty acids in our diet.
- In contrast to industrial seed oil, the benefits of black seed oil have been proven to justify its inclusion in our diet.
Black seed oil for diabetes
Among pre-diabetic patients খারাপ bad blood glucose numbers that do not yet qualify for full-blown diabetes কালো black seed oil is better than metformin or the “gold standard” pharmaceutical for diabetes. Both metformin and black seed oil groups showed improved glucose parameters, only black seed oil patients who took 450 mg of black seed oil twice a day (less than one teaspoon) saw better lipids and less inflammation.
Newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes (complete blisters) helps 1350 mg / day black seed oil in patients but was not as effective as metformin in improving fasting blood glucose or HbA1c. However, once again black seed oil patients have enjoyed uniquely improved lipid numbers, lower fasting insulin, and lower inflammatory markers. In addition, metformin patients have higher liver enzymes and slightly increased creatinine levels, whereas black seed oil patients do not. Both groups saw better body composition with the most important and highly revealing waist circumference.
Given how metformin has become increasingly prevalent as an all-around health-promoting prophylactic drug for otherwise healthy people who want to live longer, black seed oil may be a more effective alternative with additional benefits.
Click here if you want to add an avatar to all your comments!